The way we work
Reservation & ticketing process
- Client: Request reservation
- JTB: Confirms reservation by e-mail
- JTB: On date of ticketing, requests to issue
- Client: Confirms to issue or cancel
- JTB: Sends e-ticket by e-mail or confirms cancellation
The ticketing deadline is the latest date a ticket can be issued Without being cancelled by the airline or is the latest date a fare is valid. If no approval to print has been received the airline will cancel the reservation automatically or cancels the validity of the fare. The ticketing deadline date varies depending on the airline, fare conditions and/or date of departure. It can happen that an e-ticket has to be issued on the same day of reservation. E-tickets with many low cost carriers (LCC) have to be issued at the moment of reservation and cannot be put ‘on hold’.